The newest additions to my shop:

Monday, December 14, 2009

Taking a breather

Whew! I know that Christmas is still 11 days away, but for me in the land of craftiness (especially online) the busy parts are over. I've had a blast doing shows this fall and my Etsy store has been chugging along. A few days ago I found myself at a standstill 'You mean I don't have to fold candy wrappers like a madwoman anymore?' I asked myself. At first I threw all my pent up craft energy into holiday decorations and gifts (viewable in my flickr photostream). Now that the house is done and all my gifts are finished and wrapped (see my guest blog article for the trashion team) I find myself asking again 'Now what?'

The answer is: take a break. I plan to take just a few days to step away from things (well maybe I'll sort out the craft room a bit) so I can come back with fresh eyes. I'm happy with how I did achieving my goals for 2009, but its time to make new goals to see how my business can grow next year. Then comes the fun part, I've got some great new ideas that I've been too busy to try out. January is the perfect time for research and development, so I plan to dig in and hopefully will come up with some winning new ideas for 2010.

I plan to take a break from blogging for a while too, see you on the flip side!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emily!!! Wishing you a very Happy New Year and I look forward to what you will be posting next!!! thank you for popping in and checking out my art!!!

    Have a wonderful week!!!

    ReplyDelete