The newest additions to my shop:

Friday, February 27, 2009

T-shirt yarn addiction

Last Saturday I had the opportunity to attend Swap a rama rama, a great event where crafters bring old clothes they no longer want and shop from others donations. At the event I learned how to make a skirt out of old blue jeans, which I will probably try out over the summer. I also picked up a few bright colored T-shirts so I could bring them home to try and make T-shirt yarn.

Here's the tutorial I followed:
http://lost-arts.blogspot.com/2007/04/how-to-spiral-cut-t-shirt.html

So big thanks to Alwen at Lost-Arts for taking the time to post it.

Anyway, now I'm addicted. I've been cutting up T-shirts right and left. I'm still not sure what I'll be doing with my yarn, but I'm excited by the possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment