The newest additions to my shop:

Friday, March 13, 2009

That's not garbage!


As a trashion artist I often find myself saying 'That's not garbage' when convincing people to not throw away their potato chip bags, candy wrappers and other 'art supplies'. They often look at me like I'm crazy. This time I think its my turn to give the crazy eye. When helping to organize a silent auction for a local charity last week I found two hand crocheted lap blankets among the donations. They are covered in beautiful bright colored flowers. The auction organizers told me to put the blankets aside 'Nobody will want those we'll just throw them away'. I was shocked and insisted that they not be simply tossed in the trash. So today I'd like to say thank you to the anonymous crafter who donate these blankets, they will always be treasured in my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment