This work desk was mostly clean when I started. My first task of the day was to work on a bracelet for my Aunt. I lost the prototype but I was able to find the tools I needed and the 'recipe'. However, I realized my recipe book was not up to date so I kept it out and vowed to add my latest tweaks. Additionally, when I was looking for the supplies I found my stash of christmas cards waiting to be recycled into something cool for this year's holiday season. Inspiration struck and I whipped up a few new things. Here is one of my favorites:
After finishing that project, I realized my new resin beads were done curing, so I investigated those and got them popped off their straws (100% release yay!) I'm so happy with how they turned out. I didn't have the things I needed to turn them into finished earrings, but I made a shopping list for the bead store. I also decided that two were too big for earrings but would make a nice necklace.
Towards the end of the day I played around with my new prismacolors (sorry no pictures yet) I'm going through the initial stages of planning a piece for myself, to fill some of the empty space on the dining room wall. I thought I was going to get back around to the recipe book (yeah right) but just then I got an etsy e-mail with a link to a forum thread on blogging. I found some really good insight and inspiration there.
In the end I technically did not accomplish all that much, but I would describe yesterday as a very successful day indeed.