The newest additions to my shop:

Sunday, October 10, 2010

One Year Ago Today

I wanted to publish this at 10:10 pm on 10/10/10, but I missed my deadline by a little bit.


One year ago today, Candy Calamity was gearing up for it's second holiday season much better prepared then I was the year before.  I wrote this blog post http://candycalamity.blogspot.com/2009/10/craft-show-rules.html about my 8 craft show rules, and I'm still using those 'rules' today - they're keepers!


I had just invented the octagonal prism shaped recycled christmas card ornaments and was making those full steam ahead (they will be making a reappearance in my etsy store soon - I can't believe it's already that time of year)

I discovered Illustration Friday.  It took me a few weeks to get my feet wet and I posted my first drawing 'blur' on November 6th (Can't believe I drew it on an envelope back - I'm such a dork sometimes)

Two years ago today, I was getting ready to have a craft show table to myself for the first time.  Those were the days that six feet seemed like a lot of space to fill, now I can never get everything to fit!

Around the same time I was interviewing for a new day job and got it, I've been a clinical dietitian at my current hospital ever since.

Three years ago today, I was just starting to hear about a great shopping site called 'Etsy' and Candy Calamity was just a twinkle in my eye.


So what were you doing one year ago today?

No comments:

Post a Comment